I just read an interesting article on maintaining the perfect relationship.
As if any relationships is perfect!
In my experience, it’s more about finding someone that ticks most of the boxes including all of the priority ones and accepting the differences.
Hopefully they accept mine too!
I’ve found that it is often the differences that keep things interesting as long as all the main boxes are ticked.
The article was collated from couples who were together over ten years and still happy and postulates that successful relationships stay successful for the same reasons.
The bullet points ..
- Be together for the right reasons
- Have realistic expectations about relationships and romance
- The most important factor in a relationship is not communication, but respect
- Talk openly about everything, especially the stuff that hurts
- A healthy relationship means two healthy individuals
- Give each other space
- You and your partner will grow and change in unexpected ways; embrace it
- Get good at fighting
- Get good at forgiving
- The little things add up to big things
- Sex matters… a LOT
I kinda agree with it, most of it seems pretty obvious, but as its based on other peoples experience from relationships that have worked, the detail is well worth a read.